Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Space Inquiry

 Space Inquiry 



For Inquiry we were learning about space, we had some options of what thing in space we were going to learn about I chose to learn about the planets orbit. In my group there were me Addison and Olivia. First we had to find some facts here are mine.


  • The gravity of the sun keeps the planets in their orbits.

  • The planet with the quickest orbit is Mercury with the amount of 87.97 earth days.

  • The planet with the longest  orbit around the sun is Neptune with 164.8 earth years.

  • The planets orbit the sun counterclockwise.  

  • If there was no sun we would travel in a straight line.

  • With no sunlight the world would kill everything and the seas would freeze.

  • The planets orbit around the sun because they are left over from the formation of the Solar system. 

  • Mercury has  0 moons

  • Venus has 0 moons 

  • Earth has one moon 

  • Mars has about two small moons 

  • Jupiter has 53 moons 

  • Saturn has 53 moons 

  • Uranus has 27 moons 

  • Neptune has 14 moons 

(These may not be completely accurate)
  • The planets finish their orbit around the sun in the order of… Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and last is Neptune.!

  • An orbit is a path an object takes through space as it revolves around another object!

  • The word orbit also means eye socket!

  • Issac Newton discovered that gravity controls the orbit of the planets and the moon

  • The sun is made of 70 percent Hydrogen and 28 percent Helium. The other 2 percent is Oxygen, Carbon, Nitrogen and other gases


Our Next step was to think about what we were going to make me and my group wanted to make a spinning solar system on top of a black piece of cardboard with glitter. Here is our creation.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.